Error in reg codes after upgrading to Xoops 2.4.4 and php 5.3

I recently upgraded to a new server making the leap from Fedora 10 to Fedora 12 and all the recent software. This also included upgrading the main Xoops website to 2.4.4 and php is now at 5.3x

I have had trouble with various modules so this has not been a smooth process.

Reg codes is giving me some trouble as follows.

When trying to access the module admin, I get:

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /mysite/modules/reg_codes/admin/index.php on line 643

I did run the 3.1 patch on the website and db on the previous website before I migrated.

Actually, the module itself does work on the user (non-admin) side such that I can create a reg-code.

However, I can't register any users as the the register.php file causes a server error and php exits the script due to crashing.

Before I debug further ... are there known issues with the upgraded software?

Cheers!

Comments

File is corrupted?

Hello,

That particular PHP error looks like the file itself is maybe screwed up somehow. That kind of thing can happen if there is a mismatch of { } in the file. The file as released in version 3.1 does validate as far as { } goes, so I'm wondering if the file was maybe garbled in the transfer to the new site? You could try reuploading a fresh copy.

PHP 5.3 does change some long standing behaviour from the PHP 4 days, related to assigning by reference. That could be an issue in some modules. I appears Formulize might have some issues related to this, dipicella reported them in another thread and we're investigating.

The register.php file causing a failed page load will be something quite different from the admin/index.php file. If you could post the output of the PHP error log with the exact error that's causing register.php to fail, that would be very helpful.

Sorry I can't be more specific, I hope this is a little useful,

--Julian